MissingSetupFile after migration

Badge +2

We did a migration from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016. In both farms we have (had) Nintex Workflow and Nintex Forms running. Nintex is running fine. But in Central Administration we got "missing server side dependencies". 

I know this issue and know how to resolve this.  But I do not know whether I was allowed to remove these. One expample: 

[MissingFeature] Database [WSS_dms.tld_01] has reference(s) to a missing feature: 
Name = [Nintex Workflow 2013 Enterprise Reporting],
Id = [2fb9d5df-2fb5-403d-b155-535c256be1dc],
Description = [Aktiviert die Verwendung von Nintex Workflow 2013 Enterprise Reporting für diese Website.],
Install Location = [NintexWorkflowEnterpriseWeb]. Feature (Name = [Nintex Workflow 2013 Enterprise Reporting],
Id = [2fb9d5df-2fb5-403d-b155-535c256be1dc],
Description = [Aktiviert die Verwendung von Nintex Workflow 2013 Enterprise Reporting für diese Website.],
Install Location = [NintexWorkflowEnterpriseWeb]) is referenced in database [WSS_dms.tld_01], but isn't installed on the current farm. The missing feature might cause upgrade to fail. If necessary, please install any solution that contains the feature and restart upgrade. 

As you can see, the id of the feature in this error message is 

[2fb9d5df-2fb5-403d-b155-535c256be1dc] 

and the name is 

[Nintex Workflow 2013 Enterprise Reporting]

When checking the feature with this id I get this:

Web Nintex Workflow 2016 Enterprise Reporting 15 2fb9d5df-2fb5-403d-b155-535c256be1dc 

So the SharePoint 2016 farm knows the feature with this id is the 2016 Nintex Enterprise Reporting. 

Can I delete the feature by powershell as the error message shows up with the id or is this a false positive? 

Have several MissingFeature/MissingWebPart messages relating Nintex as well. They are the same way confusing as I need Nintex in current SharePoint 2016 farm. 

Has anyone had issues like this?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Did you deploy the Nintex Workflow Enterprise solutions?  These errors all seem to be around the enterprise reporting which will be part of the solution package for Nintex Workflow Enterprise. The instructions from the help files should help in providing a step-by-step rundown on deployment. If those solutions are being used, which these errors seem to indicate they are, this will be a cleaner way to resolve the errors, and will minimize risk of breaking any of the pages where the web parts  might be currently deployed.

Badge +2

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late reaction. I was out of the office for some time. 

According to "farm solutions" all Nintex solutions are globally deployed. The enterprise web parts seem to work fine.

Solutions

As this problem only occurs on our production environment I am afraid of just deleting the solutions in the sites by powershell. This could cause Nintex to fail.