How do I hide a panel based on mulitple items in a dropdown?

• 6 September 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Hello,

I have a panel with a field I would like to hide based on about 8 items on my dropdown of about 16 items.

If they select any of the items in my Condition (Rule) for the Dropdown "TypeofService" it should show. If they select any of the other ones not in my condition, it should hide the panel and on New Form Load.

I cannot seem to get it to work. I have tried all sorts of Conditions and this last one does the first 2 but not the rest.

Does first two:

and(TypeofService !='Type 1', TypeofService !='Type 2', TypeofService !='Type 3', TypeofService !='Type 4')

Others I have tried with no luck:

(TypeofService != 'Type 1') || (TypeofService != 'Type 2')

Help!

I have Nintex 2013 Forms and Workflows onPrem

Carrie.

6 replies

Badge +4

Ok I love when I answer my own question!  

I got it to work with:

TypeofService != "Type 1" && TypeofService != "Type 2" && TypeofService != "Type 6" && TypeofService != "Type 12" 

Badge

Dear Carrie,

Thank you for your hint. However my following Code is not working. Do you or anyone else has an idea why not? I am using the preview within Nintex Forms with SharePoint 2013. 

The pane should be hided when 

SupportKat != "Bestellung" || BestKat != "Hardware" || PcKat != "Neuer Arbeitsplatz"

If I only use two conditions, it works, but not with three and it looks like your solution.

Many thanks for your help.

Jens

Badge +4

Jens,

I could not get it to work with the || after 2 items but for some reason && works for all, see my second response above with different conditions.

Carrie.

Badge

Carrie,

thanks. In my case I transformed my conditions SupportKat != "Bestellung" || BestKat != "Hardware" || PcKat != "Neuer Arbeitsplatz" into !(SupportKat == "Bestellung" && BestKat == "Hardware" && PcKat == "Neuer Arbeitsplatz") so I get rid of the || but this is also not working. I asume it is up to the "!" However I need to hide the panel when one of the three conditions does not fit. Do you have any idea? I am at a loss.

Jens.

Badge +4

Have you tried this? 

SupportKat != "Bestellung" && BestKat != "Hardware" && PcKat != "Neuer Arbeitsplatz"

Badge

Yes I tried it and it works. ;-) 

However the statement should be TRUE if at least one of the three conditions fit and not only if all three are not equal, this is my problem.

So these ones are logical right, but they are not working: 

SupportKat != "Bestellung" || BestKat != "Hardware" || PcKat != "Neuer Arbeitsplatz" (not working because of three times ||. This one is also not working because of the "!" !(SupportKat == "Bestellung" && BestKat == "Hardware" && PcKat == "Neuer Arbeitsplatz") and this one is also not working: Not(SupportKat == "Bestellung" && BestKat == "Hardware" && PcKat == "Neuer Arbeitsplatz").

Thanks for your help.