Populate drop down with each item from picker control

• 25 January 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hello, I'd like to know if a drop down list can be populated with each item of a picker control. The senario is that the user will enter all languages they speak in the picker control, then they will use the drop down to select which of their spoken languages is their native one. So if I have three languages in the picker control, English, Spanish and Portugese, the dropdown should now contain these three languages so that I can select which one is my native language. If I then go and add another langauge to this, it should also be added to the dropdown. 

I have managed to use a for each rule that populates the drop down based on what is in the picker but this only works with a single value in the picker. 

So if the picker contains: English;

This drop down will now contain 'English', but if I add a language to the picker so it now contains English; Spanish;

This does not work becuase I guess it is searching the languages table (smart object list method) for the value English; Spanish; instead of first searching for English, and then searching for Spanish.

I am aware that this may not be possible but I'd like to get some opinions.

Kind regards,

Reece

3 replies

Badge +9

Reece

I have attempted to utilize the "Populate List Control with Data" action with the "For All Items" Condition whenever the picker has been changed, but I could not get it to resolve the selections. It appears as though this may not be possible to to do with this combination of controls.

Ian

Badge +3

@ @K2Ian  Thanks a lot Ian, I appreciate your time! 

Badge +3

@Mustafa Thank you so much! This is very clever! I appreciate you taking the time to help