Bugs!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hello fellow BRGers.

I'm wondering how you feel about bugs. devil.png

More specifically, how bugs should be treated in the community. For example, if I have a bug and send it to support, I don't really know what's going on - I don't know who else (if anyone) has submitted it - I don't know if they're laughing at me because I've done something incorrectly and it's not really a bug at all.

If I post something in the community, I feel like it looks like I'm like, "LOOK WHAT I'VE FOUND, EVERYONE!" where in actuality I just want to know if others are experiencing the same, and/or if they have a workaround and/or fix for it.

It makes me wonder if we need some kind of specific treatment of bugs. I'm unsure.

Here's an example: I have a Person field where I can add multiple people. Fine. Then I set it into a variable, and I use the variable formatting to set it to be semi-colon delimited. Fine.

However, if there is no data for that field, the workflow chokes and dies. To me, this is a bug; I've worked around it by using a "RUN IF" around it, but that seems silly. I feel like it should be smart enough to know not to perform if the field is empty.

What are your thoughts on how to treat these sorts of situations?

BUG CHAT 2017 COMMENCE

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I think it would be helpful if Nintex posted the known bugs for the various products. I’ve wondered how much time I’ve wasted trying to figure out a problem when it may have already been a known bug. If there was somewhere where the known bugs were posted, then that would be the first place I’d look to see if an issue I was having was a known bug before posting something to the community.

It would also be nice to know the status of said bugs. I have a few I’ve reported that I have no idea what’s going on with them and when or if they will be fixed. I understand that you can’t always predict when a bug will be fixed, and often things can get pulled last minute, or even added last minute. But personally, I’d rather know that a bug was going to be fixed, and then had to be pulled, rather than not know anything at all. I’ve never understood the wall of secrecy that many IT shops build between themselves and their users.

In terms of tracking the bugs, I don’t think this is something the user community should have to do. We are not going to have all the details on the bugs. This really should be something that comes from Nintex. That’s my 2 cents.

That being said, in the absence of that information from Nintex, then I think us have some sort of running list would be helpful.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Yep, exactly what I'm thinking as well. We have Nintex Connect, we have Nintex User Voice, we need Nintex Bug Exterminators, too. It's the same for me - would love to see a listing of bugs, organized / tagged, and - offered workarounds until such time as there is a resolution.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Yep. Really bugs me we don’t have that. happy.png Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

exactly! absolutely agree!

needless to say, there are quite too many of them...

from my point of view, NINTEX's attitude to support customer base  needs huge improvement in many areas (uservoice, bugs evidence, product roadmaps, incident management, ...).

I (we) would definitely welcomed more open communication.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey ‌ - now that you're also working in UV, is this something that could be brought up / has been discussed as well? 

Badge +11

, I like the Nintex Bug Exterminator title!!! happy.png