why is my workflow designer ribbon greyed out

• 11 October 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

New install - SharePoint 2016 Standard - Nintex workflow designer and the ribbon is greyed out.

7 replies

Badge +5

Hi Andrea,

I hope the user has appropriate permission to use the Nintex designer  

Which browser are you using? Can you please try using Internet Explorer and try emulating an older browser version by navigating to SharePoint then press F12 on your keyboard to open the dev tools where you can then switch to an older browser version temporarily.

Badge +6

Hi Andrea Kelley‌,

Verify that the license (Nintex Workflow for SharePoint 2016) is still active .Check for the Expires date

Navigate to Central Administration >> Nintex Administration >> Licensing (Under - Licensing and setup).

Badge +1

Can you tell me where to find the instructions for permissions? I do not see any instruction on setting up security settings for workflow designer.

This is what I see – a very confusing documents whose index is not linked to anything.

Andrea

Andrea Kelley

Sr. Systems Engineer II, Client Technologies

Vidant Health Information Services

(O) 252.847.2070

Badge +5

Hi Andrea,

For details on Permission see:  http://nintexdownload.com/helpfiles/nw2013/NintexWorkflow2013UserManual.html#Nintex.Workflow.SecuritySettings 

And permissions for each workflow actions can be configured using http://nintexdownload.com/helpfiles/nw2013/NintexWorkflow2013UserManual.html#Nintex.Workflow.WorkflowActions  

Also, did you try using Internet explorer? I had the problem in the Past with Firefox(It never worked for me) and resolved it by setting the compatibility mode on Internet explorer.

Badge +1

Brand new install and license.

Thank you,

Andrea

Andrea Kelley

(O) 252.847.2070

Badge +1

Again I appreciate your response but the links you are sending me do not have any information on security settings. The Document is not even formatted correctly.

If you see a section within this document maybe you could cut and paste it to me but I see nothing on permissions or security. And just so you know, I am a site collection admin and a site owner in SharePoint. Is there any permissions I need to grant within Nintex?

Thank you,

Andrea

Andrea Kelley

(O) 252.847.2070

Badge +5

If you are a site-collection admin and a site-owner then yes, nothing to do with permissions.

Did you try using Internet explorer? I had the problem in the Past with Firefox(It never worked for me) and resolved it by setting the compatibility mode on Internet explorer.