Created a Vacation Request in SP2010 and used Nintex workflow with a choice of all day event or date/time. if choose date/time it doesnt show time on calendar

Badge +3

Created a Vacation Request in SP2010 and used Nintex workflow with a choice of all day event or date/time. if choose date/time it doesn,t show time on calendar. So if an employee is out for a Dr appointment from 10am to 12pm my time shows 11:59pm to 12am. any ideas on how to correct this?

17 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

sorry, from your example it's not clear what are you trying to do in workflow.

describe it in more details and provide examples of your configuration and outcomes you get.

Badge +3

emha see attached doc

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

time ranged event and all day event are two contradicting requirements.

if you want to create event for specific time range (10-12) set 'All day event' to NO (or do not set its value at all)

Badge +3

Marian,

So I understand, but if I change the value to no it does not allow for an All Day Event. We need to have the option. Is this a situation where it is one or the other? you can have a time range or and all day event situation?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

it's not to allow or not allow option. it's setting/property of one single event being updated.

just like in your outlook calendar - you either have time ranged events or all day events. an event can not be of both types

if you want different settings for different events create, a yes/no workflow variable and sets its value within workflow based on requirements of event being processed.

finally, instead of setting 'All day event' to static yes/no value, set it to value of that variable.

Badge +3

Marian,

I am pretty new at this... could you give me a little more information?

Add Variable to set to Yes/No, value based on requirements... can you give more detail on requirements?

are the requirements the choices of Vacation, Illness or Other?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

to create a variable is very simple - you will find an option to do that in every configuration dialog.

name is eg. isAllDayEvent, set type to yes/no and a default value.

then within the workflow you should somehow identify whether it should be all day event or not.

you can ask user on submit form to specify it (eg. vacation, illness...) or you can have some rules defined which identifies all day event (eg. if duration is over 8hours then it's considered all day event...). that fully depends on your process requirements.

finally, you have to set 'All day event' calendar item field to value of this variable, so that it defines for a given calendar item whether it's calendar event or not.

Badge +3

Marian,

Please see attachment. ty

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

do not create your own custom 'All day event" column.

there is one defined by default. it's 'little' hidden and nintex forms somehow can not work with it, but with workflow there shouldn't be a problem.

Badge +3

Marian,

I removed the All Day Event column from my SP list. Updated work flow, set variable to isAllDayEvent and configured my item like this.

200784_pastedImage_1.png

200785_pastedImage_2.png

But when publishing my workflow I get the same error:

200792_pastedImage_3.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

try to remove create item action, close and reopen  workflow in designer and configure the action from scratch.

maybe it somehow caches old setup and gets confused with same column names.

if you have any other actions that reference that field, try the same with them.

Badge +3

Thank you Marian... that worked. Have a great day!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

great you get it working!

please mark as correct answer the post that answers your original question, so that other users immediately see them both at the top of page.

thanks.

Badge +3

Good morning Marian,

When I tested the workflow as an admin it worked.

But as employees are requesting time off the workflow gets stuck in Pending with an error "The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information"... access denied.

I checked permissions and the employees have read access to the calendar and contribute access to the request list.

It was working before until I made the changes for isAllDayEvent.

I have searched online for some guidance but did not find what I need. I did notice others having a similar issue.

Can you assist me with this? I appreciate your help in advance.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

this is IMHO new problem, not related to original question.

I would suggest to create new question.

I would like to remind you once again to revise designated correct answer as described above!

Badge +3

Good morning Marian,

I created a new question and I am showing the other was already checked in Green, which I thought meant Correct answer. If this is not correct please let me know.

Sincerely,

Darlene M. Rose | SAIC

Darlene.m.rose@saic.com<https://webmail.saic.com/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=jbmPaNc4QCNzLAY9TVb19vp2IJIYsYp9X4kjwtiqnNNl5Mj-EovTCG0AYQBpAGwAdABvADoATQBhAHIAeQAuAFQALgBEAG8AbABsAHUAcwBAAHMAYQBpAGMALgBjAG8AbQA.&URL=mailto%3aMary.T.Dollus%40saic.com>

mobile: 337-239-2990

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ok, I spot your other question and replied there.

reg. correct answer: it's recommended to select as a correct answer the post that the most suits to the original question.

so that when other users come across this thread they can immediately see at the top of page question bundled with answer, without reading through the whole thread and hunting for possible correct answer.

in this case it looks like this

so, your thanks hardly answer the question.

I would say the most suitable answer could be following my post https://community.nintex.com/thread/15480-created-a-vacation-request-in-sp2010-and-used-nintex-workflow-with-a-choice-of… 

so you need to unmark existing correct answer and mark correct answer the other post.