Error in CA when I click on Action Settings

• 22 February 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Click Nintex Administration>> Workflow environment>> Action Settings

Result error message

Sorry, something went wrong
Ribbon <Tab> node must have a <Scaling> subnode.
Version is the new release for SharePoint 2016 (Latest release of SharePoint 2016 patching Jan 2017 release)
Single server for development
Workflow only to be installed. 
version: 4.1.1.0

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi James,

could you go to Central Admin -> System Settings -> Manage Farm Solutions and check if all solutions have been installed correctly?

It should look like this:

199790_pastedImage_1.png

If so, could you also check if the database is installed correctly? Go to Nintex Administration -> Database Management

There should at least be one database shown for Workflow.

Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +3

All Solutions are installed.  We did not install forms as we do not use the form part of Nintex. 

I even deleted and recreated the nintex db for workflows same result.

Badge +3

Farm Solutions installed

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I googled a bit and found that the error could be caused by a missing SharePoint feature, that needs to be active on the site

Error in Central Administration: Ribbon <Tab> node must have a <Scaling> subnode. - SharePoint Stack Exchange 

But I think in that case you would also face the error on different screens in Central Admin. You could at least check if the feature is activated though.

I would give the installer another try, reinstall everything and if the error is still present contact Nintex Support to see if the error is known.

Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +3

I fixed this by going to CA>> Site Settings>>Site Features and turned on the Nintex Admin feature set.

Thanks,

James

Badge +3

Yes please mark as correct.

Sent from my iPhone