Nintex Workflow - Request Approval

Badge +7

Hi,

I am creating a workflow where I have a "Request approval" action.

In the configuration of the Task Notification (the mail that the user wil receive) I can insert a direct link to both approve and reject actions directly:

Untitled.png

That way, the user can just click the respective link directly in the email, and the job is done:

Untitled.png

When clicking one of the links the users gets this in a new browser tab:

Untitled.png

When clicking the "Close" button the browser tabs closes and all is well and good.

So - everyting is good for the Task Notification's part.

My issue is, that I want the contents of the Task to have the same nice functionality. However, when I configure the "Action" part of the task, I have much fewer actions available to insert as reference - and in particular the "Approve" and "Reject" stuff is missing:

Untitled.png

What's going on with that? Is it a bug or is there some reasoning behind this?

Regards

Leif

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

what do you mean with "contents of the Task ... on action tab"? task name? task description?

I do not see a field on action tab that could be useful to approve task directly from...

what would you like to achieve?

Badge +7

Hi Marian,

The text you enter in task "Task description" field on the "Action" tab  in the setup of the Request Approval action goes into the "Description" column of the resulting workflow task. And what makes this super-nice is, that when you use the "Connect to Outlook" feauture on the workflow task list, the text is shown in the Outlook task. Being able to select the "Approve" and "Reject" references (like you CAN on the setup of the notification text) would enable the user to accept/reject with a single click directly from your todo-list in Outlook. That is my goal.

Regards

Leif

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ok, I see.

as per documentation, {Common:Approve} placeholder is available just from within request aproval's task form. that's the reason why you don't see it at other places.

I affraid the functionality you want to achieve is not possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What if you used the  ?

Badge +7

Hi Andrew - that might be a nice solution. I will look into that at some point.

Regards

Leif