cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Why is Nintex Admin Certificate Practice Test Not representative of the Real Cert.

On Saturday, I took the Practice Test and scored an 80%--not great--but I felt I had an idea of the questions.

On Sunday, I took the real exam and scored 177/300--passing was 180. I concur I did not know the material in the detail I would like and deserved my marks. However, I am miffed at the questions asked and the lack of adequate training material on the site.

The practice test utterly failed in exposing the breadth of the test.

Nowhere did I see an in-depth coverage of NWAdmin as related to SharePoint; detailed instructions of the install sequence; detailed instructions for configuring lazy approval; comprehensive coverage of restore procedures and Nintex Logs.

I'm not arguing for a better grade; I just want to know where to find this information before the next two weeks elapse--without methodically Googling every topic. Just downloading the NWAdmin Manual is not helpful and lacks an overview and working examples.

thanks,

Stephan Onisick

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Why is Nintex Admin Certificate Practice Test Not representative of the Real Cert.

Hi Stephen,

I ended up just going through all of the Nintex configuration options in central admin as well as reading the NWAdmin manual, but I agree it would be helpful to have the info in a central location.

Jan

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Why is Nintex Admin Certificate Practice Test Not representative of the Real Cert.

Hi Stephan,

I am a big advocate of making relevant training more accessible to users. I think it will massively extend adoption of the products with existing customer populations.

As to your questions, I think, at least in the current state of things, the intent is for the certification test to allow those who have been doing the job for a while or have obtained deep dive training with a Nintex training partner to prove/validate/document their existing expertise (correct me if I am wrong Nintex). I know that does not help you in the mean time but I spoke to a lot of great Nintex folks at InspireX about the largely out of reach training for the average person in the customer base. They were very receptive and I was assured that there are some initiatives in place to extend the reach of users with regard to more in-depth training.

I do not want to offer details of my many conversations because there were so many details, I would likely misrepresent what was said.

It would be great though if some folks "in the know" were to offer some detail either here or in a blog post.

Hope that helps some,

Patrick Kelligan

Accept as Solution Reply
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

I would very much like the urls of where you went.

thanks,

Stephan

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Why have a "Pretend" Practice Test, if it doesn't cover the real test. Seems "Bait and Switch".

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Stephen,

NWAdmin Operations - Nintex Workflow 2013

And then on SharePoint Central Admin

Good luck!

Jan

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thanks. Looking at the NWAdmin Manual--it really needs more context and overview.

Some actual scenarios of when to perform the actions would useful.

Yes, there are commands but you really don't want to willy-nilly perform some of the actions like detach your Content Database.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks for the input Stephan,

This is a subject that came up when we developed the Admin
exam. We offer the exam even though we don’t have a lot of formal Admin
training on our sites yet for a couple of reasons:

• Given the much larger audience for creating
    Workflows and Forms than for Administration, we are focusing our initial
    training efforts at that audience and using Nintex
    Help and the SDKs
    to support the Admin exam (See below for a list of
    relevant sections). Remember that we’ve only had a training site for 7 months.
  • There a number of articles and discussion on
    Nintex Connect about administering the Nintex platform, as well as product
    documentation. However there are also a number of our Nintex Training Partners
    offering courses covering Nintex administration. The Nintex Learning Center is focused
    on introductory material only.
  • Administering Nintex On-premise or O365 requires
    a lot of SharePoint and O365 knowledge and skills. We don’t teach these as
    Microsoft and our Nintex
    Training Partners
    already cover this area.

On the difference between the practice and actual exams,
both of them pull from the same bank of about 100 questions.

Thanks for taking the exam to prove your skills with Nintex!

Erick Weitkamp
Technical Training Manager

Here are a couple of the sites that will help you with the
Admin exam:

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Well, after 2 weeks and a couple of manuals later, I scored 232/300. I passed! I have the Admin Cert as of 3/20/2016.

My comment still stands about the practice test: it is not representative of the whole test--even though the questions come from the overall test population. There are simply not enough to represent the complexity of the knowledge covered.

An interim solution might be to allow more questions on the Practice Test--possibly 20-25; just to get a better sampling.

Personally, I learn a lot about the underlying technology by the questions the experts ask.

I would also appreciate more great Nintex Videos on the Admin Stuff. I know this takes time--but not everyone has the time or money to pursue third-party training.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Everyone, 

I need to get sample Nintex Workflow Admin and Nintex Workflow Pro certification. 
Where can I buy those materials?

Is this source valid? http://www.onexacademy.com/Paginas/Certification-Nintex365.aspx  

There is no much info on the site?  
Please provide some online practice sites for Nintex  certification

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply