How to auto populate using people picker for another user?

Badge +3

I am stuck with field pre-population issue.

I have a form for new and existing users. For new users I have free text fields to capture the information.

For the existing user(in the changed from column), I want to use a people picker to select the person(and to display first name only) and then to populate the following fields (last name, dept, company, job title, etc... ).

202936_pastedImage_11.png

When I use the people picker and configure Show field: First Name I get the full name.

This is annoying but I could probably live with it. 

My main issue is how to auto populate the other fields based on the this people picker. I have found guides for using the current user but as I am still a nintex novice would love some help.

I'm using Nintex enterprise with SharePoint 2013 on prem.

Thanks in advance

Jon

4 replies

Badge +3

I found the solution to part of problem

I followed the steps on User Profile Lookup in Nintex Forms - TekDog Inc. | Nintex Training, SharePoint Training & Software Adoption  which gives me the steps to populate the fields. unfortunately my calculated fields bring back #value! and I suspect I need to tweak and SP farm properties for the site.http://www.tekdoginc.com/how-to-use-the-user-profile-look-up-in-nintex-forms-cnv/

The other part of my people picker query, using the show fields still remains a puzzle.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Jon Abbott

Have a look at this article Populate People Picker with user Line Manager‌. That should give you some pointers

What is the formula you are using? a calculated value with a formula of userProfileLookup(Current User,"LastName") will return the last name. Also make sure you are using the Named control rather than the item property.

Let me know how you get on

Badge +3

Thanks Paul. some very good tips in that article.

I made a few schoolboy errors but eventually was able to use a similar formula but was curious why the "Show field" option is there but doesn't seem to work.

My main issue ended up being not having the User Profile Service switched on in my dev environment followed by AD mapping.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi John is this thread now closed? can you mark an answer as correct to help others