Generic utility needed to check the destination user existance..!!

• 25 June 2013
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hey People..!!

I have working for support project where in, there are 30+ application(process files) are running in the production. Since my active directory is getting refreshed everyday. There is a possiblity that users whom the task has been assigned are may not available to perform the action. 

In every event level the escalations are being included to send the escalation email to the Manager of assigned user. 

After the escalation span get over these instances are going to error state. 

So i need an inputs from you guys that what could be done in this kind of scenarios.

Though we can go and delegate the the task manually from worklist item to someone else, however its not feasable to do it every day.

What i'm planning, get all the worklist items from the server for all the applications, check the destination user presence in the active directory, if he doesnt exist, assign the the task to static user via code. But i feel this is some how tediuos to work out. 

So i need inputs from you people about what needs to be done.

Thanks and Cheers

Prajwal DS

3 replies

Badge +13

So the part that fails is the GetManager API of the dest user whom might not exist anymore?

BP automatically refresh and removes user from destination that it can no longer find (if you use Role).

Establish a HelpDesk procedure to redirect workitems under the user that left the company.

Badge +4

Peter,

Thanks for the response, i'm plannning to implement an idea of sechedule a task which run on the server for a particular time which automatically redirects the task to static user.

But i wanted to know is there any other best method to impelment this kind of issues.

kind Regards

Prajwal Shambhu:)

Badge +8

one thing you could do is a write service object that loads given user's manager and manager's email. In you email event use this service object via a smart object and pass in task's user name.

Your service object can check if that user is still active in AD when it gets called, if the use is not active you can send a "email" to admin via service object to reassign the task to someone valid.