Limit 2000 Documents per FolderDoc Library : K2 Upload Document Event

• 1 October 2009
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +6

Hi,

We are using InfoPath form with K2 process and as per our requirement, once workflow is completed, the InfoPath form with metadata should be stored in the Form library on MOSS (archiving). I am using K2 Sharepoint documents event to achieve this.

As per Microsoft capacity planning, the limit per folder Document library should not be more than 2000.

If I write a custom code to upload, then I can handle this by choosing different folders based in the document count.

How can I address this using K2 black pearl?

Any helps?

2 replies

Badge +3

blackpearl has nothing built-in to address this.  The most common "work-around" is to do a time-stamp-based folder structure that would go down to the hour, minute, or second based on the volume you could see being inserted over those periods.

So if Now is 2010-05-02 01:30:18PM, and you were auto-foldering to the minute, you'd end up with the following folder path: 201052133018 .

Badge +1

Moss can handle 10's of thousands of documents in one library.  The problem is truly a problem with views.  To return a view with more than 2000 in a list or a library can cause a time out issue.  I have records libraries here that have well over 2K documents in each with no problems or performance degradation.