cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

When starting to create or manage workflow, I get message "Create workflow with Nintex "Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I am getting this error when I want to create or manage a Nintex workflow on a library.

• SharePoint 2013 on-premise
  • Nintex Workflow 2013
  • Nintex Workflow license is installed this morning, and expiring in June 2015. iisreset is done on App-server and WFE.
  • In another webapplication the Nintex workflow designer is working as expected.

Why is this happen, and how to solve?

Thanks in advance!

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: When starting to create or manage workflow, I get message "Create workflow with Nintex "Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

You may just need to Deactivate\Reactivate the Nintex feature. Try this on just that site collection for Nintex Workflow on the Web & site col level.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: When starting to create or manage workflow, I get message "Create workflow with Nintex "Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Checked this with Nintex support. It seems related to language settings. On development farm with Nintex Workflow 3.1.2.0 the WF Designer is working properly, with site collections created in English and in Dutch.  On production farm we have version 3.0.5.0.  When creating a site collection in English we get the same message, but site collections created in Dutch don't have the message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Upgrade to version 3.1.2.0 did not solve the problem. Solution was to copy the WSS.ACTIONS from development to production.  On production there was no WSS.ACTIONS, but WSS.ACTIONS.old.

0 Kudos