Badge +11

When I do the following:

• Create a SharePoint list
  • Create workflow for that list
  • Export the workflow
  • Save the SharePoint list as template
  • Create a new list based on that list template
  • Import the workflow

I find that it copies the old workflow as well. You do NOT see the workflow when you look in SharePoint. You DO see it in SharePoint Designer. If that workflow has email notifications, those notifications will fire multiple times. It fires one for your new workflow and one for your old workflow. To prevent this, go into SharePoint Designer and delete the old workflow before adding the new workflow.

2 replies

Badge +2

You don't need SPD to delete these "ghost" workflows.  You can open the newly created list, then up in the List menu ribbon, open the Workflow Settings menu and choose Workflow Settings (instead of Manage Workflows with Nintex Workflow).  You should see a list of all the workflows that were attached to your master list (the one you created the template from) at the time the template was created.  Open the Remove, Block, or Restore a Workflow link and remove all of the workflows that are attached to your new list.  This will not affect the workflows that are attached to the master list.

Badge +7

So I don't see the workflows there, where I see them is when I go to "modify" a view in the SharePoint list, I can see mutiple, same workflow names attached in the newly created list.  How do you remove them?

6173i9FF0520626CE67EE.png