cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

When editing a form, how can I create a new SharePoint list item on submit instead of overwriting the existing SharePoint list item?

When a Nintex form is edited, I need to keep the pre-edit SharePoint list item and create a new SharePoint list item for the edited form on submission - I want to perform a 'NewForm' submit from 'EditForm'.  I'm a Nintex Forms newbie and not sure how this can be achieved, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
fccrous
Nintex Newbie

Re: When editing a form, how can I create a new SharePoint list item on submit instead of overwriting the existing SharePoint list item?

Hi Vince,

I haven't played a lot with Form variables but if you load all the existing values into form variables on Form load and display them in new input fields on the form, you should be able to save these new values to new variables and perform a Create new item in the workflow.

I will try this as well and let you know.

0 Kudos
janeyres
Nintex Newbie

Re: When editing a form, how can I create a new SharePoint list item on submit instead of overwriting the existing SharePoint list item?

Hi Vince,

It's possible to do this but can you achieve what you need by using SharePoint's versioning?

Jan

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Jan,

I can't use SharePoint versioning because a workflow runs on form creation/edit that includes updates to some list item fields.

Thanks,

Vince.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I've successfully created a new SharePoint list item using JavaScript. Most fields are copied across successfully, with one remaining problem - a repeating section.

Does anyone know how to get the data for a repeating section using JavaScript?

Thanks,

Vince.

0 Kudos