Version 2.0 is not a compatible version

Badge +2

i want to integrate my web service in k2 process, and i m getting error "Version 2.0  is not compatible version".

Any any know why i m getting this error, as i m using k2.net 2003 with IIS version 1.1. my web service is running fine separately.

9 replies

Badge +9

It could be an issue that you already have the .NET Framework 2.0 installed.  By default, the proxy stub for the web service will be generated using the latest .NET version installed on the machine.

To generate the stubs using .NET Framework 1.1:

1. Make sure that the .NET Framework 1.1 SDK and VS.NET 2003 is installed

2. Open a ’Visual Studio .NET 2003 command prompt’

3. Create a WSDL file by using the Disco.exe (Disco.exe “WebServiceURL” “Target Directory”)

4. Create a C# library (cs file) from the created WSDL file by using the Wsdl.exe utility (Wsdl.exe "C:Target Directoryservice1.wsdl" "C:TargetDirectoryCSharpLib.cs")

5. Create the Proxy Dll from the C# library using the CSC.exe (CSharpCompiler)

6. Reference the Proxy Dll in K2.net Studio to create a reference to the Specific Web service. Steps 1 to 4 can be automated by simply adding the web reference to any VS.NET 2003 project and locating the .cs file on the filesystem (...[SolutionDir]Web ReferenceslocalhostReference.cs) Also, if you’ve got the Web Services Enhancements (WSE) SDK installed, I think you should be able to create the proxy dll directly in VS.NET 2003 when adding the web reference to a VS.NET 2003 project.

Badge +2
but on my server machine we have only VS2003 install.
Badge +9
It's to do with the .NET framework version not Visual Studio.
Badge +13

http://www.denisbauer.com/NETTools/ASPNETVersionSwitcher.aspx

Try this tool on the server.

Or check if you have .NET 2.0 directory on the server.

C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727

Badge +2

no i dont have any .Net 2.0 directory on my server machine.

Badge +9

The error message is a standard .NET error message when it complains about mixed versions of the .NET stubs. 

Just to confirm, you are adding the web reference on the K2.net 2003 Studio designer on the server?  I am assuming that is where you are doing your design work.

Badge +2

yes i am trying to add web reference on k2.net 2003 studio. and my web service also reside in the same machine.

thanks

Badge +9
At this point, I can't really tell what else could be wrong.  If you have a support account, I would advise logging a ticket so that a support engineer can help take a look at this.
Badge +2
thanks johnny for the help, i will definitely go for the ticket now .