Update the Modified by to be the Last Task Respondent

Badge +4

I have an approval workflow on a document library which updates certain meta data fields in the library if the task is approved.  When I look at version history for a document, the modified by is actually the person who uploaded the file not the person who approved the task.  I understand the workflow is running under the Created by account but for audit purposes this does not look good.  I've tried a few things but can't seem to get this to record as I would like.

We are on prem using Nintex Workflow 2013 v 3.0.7.0

Any ideas? 

Attached: 

Version History.jpg (screenshot)

Series24Approval06052017.nwf (workflow file)

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

modified by field is maintained by sharepoint, so you will not be able update with your own value.

I'd recommend to create a service account and run workflow with that account. that way document submitter will not appear as last modifier.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

If you want the person who approved the task to be the name that shows as modifying the values, you could create a workflow on the task list that when a task is "approved" would kick off and go and update the values for the document related to that task.  That way the initiator of the workflow would be the person approving the task.

Badge +4

Great suggestion! Thanks.

Badge +4

How would set the workflow to run under a service account?  I have one I can use but couldn't figure that out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

some workflow actions have an option 'Run as a workflow owner' (eg. Action set)

so wrap up some or all the workflow actions by action set and set this option on.

then publish the workflow within service account credentials.

Badge +3

How i handle this is, i have a multiline text column that keeps concatenating every outcome results, Last task respondant.