Unable to close a form from display mode

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

We have a Nintex form for a picture library on SharePoint, and for some unknown reason when we open a form in display mode, any buttons (save, close, save & submit) seem to refresh the form rather than close it. We've tried a range of solutions, including recreating the button, enabling the save button on display form and changing the form from cancel/close to save and submit. 

When the form is in Edit mode the save and cancel buttons work as expected.

Has anyone encountered this before? Is there something that would cause a form to be unable to close?

The environment is Nintex forms & workflow on prem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

11 replies

Badge +10

The display mode has only close button. There shouldn't be any other button because it is display mode.

The Cancel button will be automatically changed to close button on display mode

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

The name of the button does change to close in display mode, however it does not close the form. This is the issue.

Badge +10

Which version of the form are you using ?

Badge +10

Or did you change the button action

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

It's version 75.0. Can this issue arise when there are too many versions?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

The issue preceded any changes to button actions. The changes were part of testing to see if other actions would work, as I have had issues similar to this which were resolved by activating the save button. However, on the same site I created a new library with a new form (currently version 3.0) which is presenting with the same issue.

I can't find anything online about this kind of issue, nor can I find any coding to stop the form from being closed, but I can't work it out either.

Badge +10

I need to know the nintex version , not the form version happy.png. There is no problem if you have many versions for the form.

Did you check the setting for the button. Can you post the screen shot for the buttons.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

It's Nintex 2013. The settings for the cancel/close button are their default values. 

Any changes were made to new buttons which have been deleted.

Badge +10

Ummmm, I tried it and reproduced the issue, seems it is bug.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Awesome...time for Nintex support!

Just to confirm, when you recreated the issue, was it on a picture library as well?

Badge +10

Yes, it is for picture library