Nintex Workflow option not shown in list ribbon

Badge +2

Hi,

I have a few list where I like to implement a Nintex 2010 Workflow. However, some lists work great, other won't. They just don't show the two Nintex Options in the ribbon menu. After further investigation, it seems that the

var g_commandUIHandlers

isn't filled with data in the not working lists. However, it is done on lists where it is working properly. If I am correct, the InsertNWButtons() method is called from this variable.

Does anybody has a suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

10 replies

Badge +4

Are all the lists in the same Website? Then I have no idea.

If they are in different Websites, you may have to activate the Nintex Workflow Feature in the websites where the links are missing.

Badge +2

Yes, they are.

Badge +11

Sometimes the options are there, you just can't see them because the window is open wide enough.

Badge +6

Niels,

Are you accessing the Lists from default views or are they in web-parts on pages? I have list views that are placed on pages via web-parts. Clicking within the web-part will show the ribbon, but the Nintex workflow options are not subsequently displayed under the Workflow Settings tab. If I open a straight list view of the same list all the Nintex workflow options are there.

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +2

Hi,

the JS code that fades in the NW menu isn't even called on the page.

It doesn't matter if I change the view.

We might rebuild the whole page since we think, the bug might be somewhere else.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

This behaviour is typical is you don't only have the plain list on a page but also other web parts. Create a view that only contains the list itself (means: do nothing besides creating a new view and configure it as you want) and you should have that option in the view.

Badge +6

Niels,

I would suggest that you confirm that the menu appears when you go to the Site Contents and access the list directly from there - assuming you have access to do so. If so, it shouldn't really matter if the NW menu appears on you affected page. You know where you can access the workflows regardless.

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +2

Hi,

I would like to do so but even if I go to the list from the site contents, it is not there.

Badge +4

would this help?

Andrew Beals Support (to Suolon Hu) 1 month ago

Hello,

Just to follow up with the answer to this question:

The custom list template that Suolon was trying to import had a webpart view that was set to "Summary Toolbar". If you aren't seeing the Nintex Workflow / Nintex Forms icons in the ribbon on your list it could be in part due to the web part view not being set to "Full Toolbar". You can change this setting by selecting "Edit page" and selecting the web part in question and changing the following option:

1234124124124.png

Badge +2

Thank you, this solved it!