Locate the smart-object throwing the Empty ID error

• 28 January 2016
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hello All,

I have a big form in development, and It's throwing an error after I did a deploy using the packaging tool to Prod.

The error is this 

SmartObject property ID is a required property for selected method Load. Value must be set.

But I cannot for the life of me find out which smart object or view is throwing the error, I turned on form debugging, smartobject logging and nowhere anywhere it mentions the name of the smartobject.

Any ideas where I can find out the name short of going through few dozen lines of rules and disabling each on at a time?

Thanks

The smartform debugging result is attached. 

12629iD91C1CBBC3919DFF.jpg
14736iF027E7401B17551B.jpg

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
Dear ,

Nt rly sure wt is the exact approach u mean by disabling rules on at a time , but ill suggest an approach and hope it helps , i see it fastest and easiest since u dont get the SMO name in error ,
U need to go to the form "when form is initializing method" there , u disable 1 rule at a time , then refresh ur page , until u find which rule causes the error , if it was a "execute initialize rule on a view" , then u will only need to check the rules of that specific view and fix them .

I suggested that cuz from wt i got is u wanna go through all view's rules , which would cost u more time than specifying the view that causes that error then only check that 1 view's rules.

Hope this helps!
Best regards.
Userlevel 3
Badge +10

From the error message, I would first look for a SmartObject Load method or Get List being called.

Instead of disabling rules one at a time, I like to add some 'Show a message' rules in key locations among the rules and number them based on order.  You can easily find out where the error is coming from by where it pops up among the numbered messages.

Badge +3

Thanks for the help!

it actually was a reference set in a connected workflow! removed the reference and that fixed the issue.