cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What are the limits for a Assign Flexi Task?

Hello Everyone!

I created a doc read functionality using the assign flexi task workflow. I need almost every associate to read the uploaded documents.  That being said ... everyone will get a task. I am looking at 1000+ tasks that will need to be sent out. I can sent about 53 without a problem.. when I add another group making a total of 100 it fails.

Is there a limit on tasks that can be sent out?

Here is a little overview of that I have so far.

Document library-

I have a Yes/No column named "Required to read" When "Required to read" is set to Yes on the form the workflow below starts

1) Run if Required to read" =Yes

2) Pause for 5 Minutes. This allows for the document to upload before the tasks sends out to everyone. Other wise the upload a document form will not disappear until all of the tasks are sent out.

3) "-" is the flexi task. see the second image.

Here, I use the edit task form to display the document that is required to read.

Once they click read it sends the task to another task list where I have 2 other workflows that pull in the associates location and center.

When I have the two separate workflows enabled I sometimes get a "task is locked by another workflow" workflow. I assume that's because the task is taking along time to process sending to that many people.  So when  I try to go and read the document it has not been processed yet on the task list locking the workflow.

Though when I have the two workflows disabled, it works for 53 people... I just then cant pull in their managers name and location.

If anyone knows a tip or trick for sending out tasks to about 1000 people please let me know!

Thanks,

Jacob

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
25 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: What are the limits for a Assign Flexi Task?

Do you have a workflow on the task list configured to be executed each time a task is created and/or modified ?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Yes, when an item is created, but not modified.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

It is really not recommended to create workflows on task lists used by Nintex as it can cause the type of error that you had (task is locked by another workflow).

Can you edit this workflow so that it doesn't automatically start when a task is created and re-run the workflow which create 100 tasks ?

Can you also tell me what does the workflow on the task list do ? Maybe we can find another way of doing that.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I assumed as much, I just don't know how I can pull in the managers name and location without using workflows on the task list. Could I A) put a pause til action and set it for 30minutes giving the flexi task workflow time to process? B) Create some sort of Refresh button that when clicked, the workflow kicks off and pulls in the needed information.

The workflow tasks simply pulls in information based on the users profile. There is one for Manager, and Location

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Do you have Nintex Forms ?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Yes we do, I do not have it set up on doc library list.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

OK then, in the "assign flexi task" action configuration, you can customize the task form by clicking on "Edit task form" button (in the ribbon).

In the form, you can use a calculated value to display the manager of the user whose task is assigned to (with the userprofilelookup function)

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I didn't even think about adding it there instead of the list form. That's a great idea. Ill try that now.

My other concern is still the volume of tasks being sent out  Say I remove the two workflows from the task list... I still cant send out more that 53 tasks.  Is there a Cap on the task?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Sorry I don't have the answer to this question.

Maybe creating a support ticket is the best option.

0 Kudos