Nintex Workflow - sending an email with only changed fields in the body

Badge +2

I am building a workflow on a SharePoint list. It is set to run when an existing item is modified.

I want to "Send an Email" to the item creator and in the Body, I want to include only the fields that were modified. Is this possible?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

that might be a difficult task.

nintex workflow doesn't provide direct access to previous values of single list fields, neither an info which fields changed.

you could start workflow conditionally when a specific field changes, but that would mean you need a separate workflow for each list field. that as well mean it would sent out a mail for each field separately.

or you could query for previous item versions with web service action and build your own logic to determine which fields has changed.

but that's a quite a lot of work.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Would it help if you could get hold of the latest item version history? If so, have a look at Vadim Tabakman rely in this post: How to get latest version history comment from Alan McCollough‌.

Badge +2

I guess what I'm really after is the sort of email notification that comes out of the box with SPO Lists, when you sign up to the Alert Me feature.

Is there a Nintex way to sign users up for that feature on any list items they create?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

nintex doesn't take care of sharepoint's alerts.

it seems so that sharepoint itself doesn't publish any web service to manage alerts.

Badge +1

Did you ever find a solution? I'm trying to accomplish the same.