cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Web application activation issue / workflow publishing issue

Hello,

I'm receiving an error and have performed all the recommended steps from previous posts.

I have activated the web application multiple times.

Ensured that the site collection features are activated and validated the necessary services are operating.

This has effectively activated on two other web applications on the farm without issue.

Any other insights would be GREATLY appreciated !

Thanks,

Kelly Crossley

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Web application activation issue / workflow publishing issue

Hi Kelly,

What version/build of Nintex Workflow do you have installed?

I have run into something similar before (see my blog link below) and was able to resolve it by activating Nintex Workflow again on the web application.  It sounds like you've tried that but that didn't solve the issue.

https://techrhodes.wordpress.com/2013/04/29/error-when-publishing-a-workflow-with-call-web-service-a...

You've probably already seen these links below, but if not then maybe they might help.

Error Publishing Nintex Workflow

Failed to publish workflfow

Nintex Workflow 2010 – Workflow not Publishing | ProjectPoint

I also recall having an issue publishing workflows when they were too complex and had too many actions.  If you have a large workflow, try breaking it up into smaller ones.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hello,

Is this a new install?  If so, you may need to reinstall. It is possible you are missing some files as I've seen this happen before. 

Mike

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Eric,

Thank you for your reply. The version is " Nintex Workflow 2013 (3.0.8.0) - English "

What is interesting is that I have activated a completely separate web application, published the same .nwf after import and it successfully published.

I will take your advice and perform the same publishing action against a workflow with a single action.

Thanks ! I will post my results here...

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. The install has been operable for over a year without issue. other web applications are working properly as as this is a production environment a maintenance window would be needed to re-install.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Not applicable

As an update, following Eric's suggestion above, I have created a new workflow via the designer. It has a single action on it. I saved and then attempted to publish. Encountered an error...

Further, I have also deactivated and re-activated the Nintex features at a site collection level and re-activated the Web Application activation between those two items. Same result.

Thanks,

Kelly

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

I wonder if someone may have deleted some assemblies from the GAC. 

0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi Kelly,

Just wanted to see if you were able to resolve this issue and what the solution was if you did.

Eric

0 Kudos