Workflow is not being performed, Status only stays \Started\"

• 30 August 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +7

Hi Everyone,

I have this workflow that creates appointment using the action Exchange Online Create Calendar Item. My problem is that when I am creating an entry in the calendar it works properly but when other user creates an entry the workflow only stays on the status started. Please refer to the image below regarding the error.

6 replies

Badge +7

It seems that the users that that getting errors are the one that has a read/view only in the site. But has a light contribute on the list. It fixes the problem if I change their permission in the site with light contribute. But they can now edit the pages and I don't want that to happen. So I'm trap in this dilemma.

Badge +9

May be try to run this action as an admin rather than the user who initiated the workflow. To do that put the action into an "Action set" and check the box for run as workflow owner checkbox. If you publish the workflow with your user account or with a system account that has super permissions, this should do the trick without having to give your users full permission to the list/page. 

207079_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +7

Hi ‌,

Is this applicable in O365? Because when I open the Action Set this is what I see

Badge +9

I didn't try it in Office 365 before. But from the looks of it, it seems to me that it does the same function which is to run the actions within the set with an elevated permission account. I'm assuming that it would use the account that was used to publish the workflow. Might be worth a try. can you give it a shout, check that box and see if it works!

Let us know how did that go.

Badge +7

Hi ‌,

Thank you! It works.

Cheers!

Badge +9

Awesome, thanks for the update :-)