Avoiding new process to be used by default

• 3 March 2005
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +3
Can I at deployment time/export time say that the new version of the process is not going to be used by default so that I can test and verify it in the production environment before I let users start activating the new version of the process?

1 reply

Badge +8
The k2 service manager allows you to specify which version of the K2 process definition is to be used as the default for new process instances.

Using Service Manager, browse to the process definition in question after you have exported your process, double-click on 'Versions', select the version of the process instance that should be used as the default process definition and click the 'Set to default process' button.

Note however that each time you export a new process definition, it will automatically be set as the default.

The K2ROM's CreateProcessInstance() method is overloaded and allows you to specify as an integer the version of the process you want to start. You could use this on you test side when creating a new process instance, because if you have set an earlier version as the default you will have to specify the process version when trying to test your process in the production environment.

AFAIK, there is no way to specify that when the process is exported it should not be set as the default automatically.