Preselect a value in a multi value List Lookup Control

• 20 February 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

Does anyone have experience or an idea how I can preselect a value in a multi value List Lookup Control? 

Here is what I was doing without using Nintex forms:

• I have two lists one called organisations (parent) and another one called meetings (child).
  • Each meeting has a multiple value List Lookup Control where you can select the organisations.
  • The display form of an organisation is showing up every meeting that is related to the particular organisation. 
  • If you click on "New Item" in the display form of an organisation the new item form for a meeting opens up and is preselecting the organisation which is delivered via query string and set by JavaScript.

Because of further requirements I will need to switch to Nintex Forms but I'm currently not able to select the organisation in the multi value List Lookup Control. I can read the organisation ID in Nintex Forms also from the query string but I'm not able to set the value at all. 

I trying already similar things that are mentioned in this thread without any luck:  

This is what I would like to have when I create a new meeting for the "Ministry for...":

This is what I would like to see when I create a new meeting for that organisation:

Cheers

Jan

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

what form version should it be for?

Badge +4

Do you mean the Nintex Forms version? It's Nintex Forms for Office 365

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

yes I meant that.

unfortunatelly do not have access to such env, so can not help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hm, this:     is for a DropDown but the same logic would probably apply to the multi-value..

Badge +6

Hi Jan,

This can also help you   

Regards

Bashya Rajan

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

The solution you've posted is for Nintex 2013 on-prem. 

Badge +4

I tried something like this without any luck...

Badge +4

I decided to go back to standard SharePoint Forms where it is quite easy to do the preselection of multi lookup values. 

Thanks for all the replies!