Nintex Forms UI standards document

• 30 March 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

Does anybody has standards document for Nintex Forms and its controls ?

Thanks,

Gopal

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Here is a link to the new Forms SDK with lots of good info surrounding forms thanks to Matt Briggs for writing it up   : http://help.nintex.com/en-US/sdks/SDK2013/#FormSDK/Topics/SDK_NF_IND_TopPage.htm%3FTocPath%3DNintex%2520Software%2520Dev…

Badge +5

Hi Gopal,

I am working on the Forms SDK. I'll be posting weekly updates, so not everything is there yet, but I hope to have a first iteration done by the beginning of June. Among the things that are the highest priority are documenting the Forms Object Model, and I am planning on topics that will look at the four objects that make up the Form. I will also be documenting the Forms XML and elements that make a well formed Form XML. In addition, I am planning on including a reference for each of the 21 form elements in on Prem 2013. The end result I am hoping is that you can understand how to modify or create valid Form XML that can be loaded into the Forms designer. A use case might be to programatically rebranding a bunch of list forms, for example. My second aim is an understanding of how the forms and individuals controls are structured, how the events are fired, and JS functions that are available so that you can extend the forms via JS.

All that said, I don't think we have a W3C or ISO-level of detail sort of standards document planned. However, what are you looking for from a standards document?

Badge +1

Hi Matt,

Thank you very much for your reply. What I am looking from Standards document is that, set of Standards each developer in the Organization should follow while building Nintex applications. So, that all the applications in the Organization have same look and feel, user experience, consistency in formatting and styling of the form controls  and same coding standards.

I was working on applying some formats and Styling to the Form Controls, but some of the controls does not seem to be accepting the styling. Not sure what would be the issue, but I am spending lot of time finding out a better and consistent  formats to the Nintex Form Controls.

Please let me know if you would like to know any further details.

Thanks,

Gopal

Badge +5

Hi Gopal.

There are internal to the organization coding standards, however, they probably would not meet the needs of external enterprises since they are specific our environment. If you belong to a large enterprise, then they likely have a number of standards documents like the ones you are describing from visual style, interaction style, to coding standards.

That said, it sounds like you are running into issues using custom CSS and the Nintex Forms? (Here is a link to the help topic.) Can you let me know a bit more about the issue you are experiencing?

Thanks,

Matt

Badge +1

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply and yes, I agree that each Organization would have their own Standards documents. However the problem I am facing with the Custom Styling is for Choice and Lookup Choice controls. What I am looking for is that, when the DropDown list control expanded, I need the border of the box displayed in Grey and apply font styles to the dropdown options.

185236_pastedImage_2.png

Also, applying styles for DateTime controls doesn't seem to be taking.

Could you please look into above things and let me know your suggestions / solutions.

Thanks,

Gopal

Badge +5

Hi Gopal, You can use CSS modification or JavaScript to accomplish depending on your requirements and target browsers. You can insert your CSS and/or JS into the Form Settings box under Custom CSS and Custom JavaScript. I searched online for different solutions and there a lot out there depending on what you are looking for. The main issue issue that will be tricky is the pop-up box border styling. Here is one thread I found useful: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1895476/how-to-style-a-select-dropdown-with-css-only-without-javascript..

Hope that helps get you closer ... Cheers, Matt