Nintex Mobile labels

• 17 December 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

I am creating a form that is set to run in Nintex Mobile on iPad.

I have some issues regarding the layout.

To guide the user I have set up the form to have specific "Please select" texts:

Untitled.png

However, when I run the form on the iPad, these texts are not shown:

Untitled.png

I have then decided to have labels to the left of the fields instead, but I think it looks - well, not so good:

In designmode:

Untitled.png

Runtime:

Untitled.png

So I have two questions:

1) How can I have my custom texts appear in the controls - so I don't need labels?

2) If I choose to have labels - what can I do to make the form look good on the mobile device?

Hope somebody can help/inspire me - I really want my mobile form to look inviting to the user.

Regards

Leif

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You may be past this by now, so I wanted to see how you ended up with a solution. But when you added the labels, they would not have the initial settings and css applied. If the form was reset it will bring over the labels and you may see a setting in the control that changes how the labels appear. Otherwise you can pull it back a grid block.

The help text is overridden when a field is required. Could it be set as not required in the list, but create a validation rule in its place? Does this allow the preservation of the help text?

Badge +7

Hi Andrew,

I have kind of given up on the Nintex Mobile - too much stuff that wasn't possible if you want to create a modern app that lives up to the expectations of the users. Instead I create single page apps using Javascript and JQuery Mobile UI. That gives me total flexibility at the cost of easiness, but the result is well worth it,