Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
harfmt
Nintex Newbie

Validation Rule not working with Form controls

Jump to solution

I have a choice control that needs to become a mandatory selection once a particular value is not selected from a previous choice control.

All Validation rule seem to be ignored for all controls. I'm using the latest version of forms 2010.

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
mlauer
Nintex Newbie

Re: Validation Rule not working with Form controls

Jump to solution

When all are ignored, it looks like a JavaScript error. Open debugging tools in browser and have a look at error messages in JavaScript console.

pfudala
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi,

I just tested the rule and it seems to be OK.

When you launch the form and open the developer tool of your browser (F12), is there any JavaScript error?

[Edit] : Ok, didn't see Manfred Lauer​'s answer

0 Kudos
harfmt
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

ok, I had been getting unexpected errors when accessing the function action of rules. But that has now been corrected.

The strange thing that I am experiencing now only affects validation rules on Choice controls. I have two choice controls. The second choice control needs to become mandatory or required once a particular value is selected from the first choice control. The first choice control is a drop down list with the selection values of One, Two, Three. If Two is selected from the first choice control, the second choice control has a validation rule to force it to be selected. This validation rule is not working when assigned to the choice control. If I place a text box on the form and assign the same validation rule, it does error on submit if Two is selected from the first control

0 Kudos
pfudala
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi,

Did you ever try to use isNullOrEmpty({Self}) function ?

0 Kudos
harfmt
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Yes, same result unfortunately. Have you come across this issue with rules on choice controls?

0 Kudos
pfudala
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I tried both approaches and got no issue...

harfmt
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Perhaps it's our environment. We've been having multiple issues since upgrading to latest version of 2010.

0 Kudos
harfmt
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

The latest thing that I have noticed is that when I test the validation rules on the text fields, on Submit, they initially get a red line around the text boxes (as they should) and then when the form refreshes a couple of seconds later the red lines disappear and once again the rules are ignored. 

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Pierre Fudala

I have been trying to implement the above validation in my form but it does not seem to work for some reason

Using Custom Validation

I am trying to achieve the following When drop down control A is selected with "Other" then the field for Detail should be completed.

The formula is

and(equals({Regulation Status},"Other",isNullorEmpty({Self}))

I have tried -

and(!equals({Regulation Status},"Other",equals({Self}),"")

It does not seem to work.  The rule is completely ignored

However, there is another rule on the drop down to hide it when the following statuses are selected -

!contains(Regulation Status,"Other")&&!contains(Regulation Status,'Unregulated')

This works fine and I would like the other to work alongside this one.

Any ideas what may being going wrong?

Karen

0 Kudos