Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dean_white
Nintex Newbie

Validation Rule assistance

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

I am using the example shown here here to try and achieve form validation, but only after a certain value is not selected in a drop down. In essence I have been asked to not enforce required fields until the user is ready to submit the form for approval, which would allow them to revisit the item over time to complete it, before signifying that they are ready to submit the item for approval, and hence get validation on any missing values.

On one of the fields which requires this logic, I have placed the following formula in the Validation Rule:

isNullOrEmpty({Self}) && {ProcessStateSelector}!="Draft"

The problem is that the rule is being ignored, and even when a value other that Draft is selected in the ProcessStateSelector dropdown, the form is submitted without the validaiton alert.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
dean_white
Nintex Newbie

Re: Validation Rule assistance

Jump to solution

OMG.

I found the issue, for some reason a set of curly brackets had appeared around the identifier for the drop down list in the formula.

Once I removed them it worked.

Where is the face palm emoticon.

0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution
Is there a reason why you have curly brackets around ProcessStateSelector reference?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
dean_white
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

@SimonMuntz wrote:
Is there a reason why you have curly brackets around ProcessStateSelector reference?

Hi Simon,

Yes you are correct. I was in the process of making my own reply and did not see yours until I reloaded the page.

Not sure how they got there, but once they were removed it worked.

Thanks for your response!

0 Kudos