K2 Process Management

• 6 April 2009
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing if the (optional) component 'K2 Process Management' is not installed? It requires the VS2005 Extension for Windows Workflow Foundation which is not available on my system.

Regards,
Kees

3 replies

Badge +4

May be I missunderstood something or you already answer your question:). If you want to deply K2 Process Management install Visual studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 extensions for .NET Framework 3.0 (Windows Workflow Foundation).

You can install K2 Blackpoint without this feature, choose custom deployment..

Badge +3

K2 Process Management allows you to open a process that has gone into error and attempt to repair that error through code. It will show you a list of the process instances that have gone into error (the same list that you will see in your Process Portal) with a description of the error. You can simply retry the element of the process that has gone into error (same feature as the retry feature in the Process Portal) or you can open the process instance and attempt to repair the error through code.

More information about this great feature can be found in the K2 blackpoint product documentation under the K2 Process Management section (third main heading from the bottom)

Badge +11
I think Jonno's comments apply only to blackpearl, not blackpoint.