State Machine does not see change state action

Badge +5

Hello Dears,

I've created a workflow, and used state machine action, and everything is working good, suddenly, change state machine actions does not change the state machine and it completes normally. what might happened??

Thanks

7 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

i can think of two different reasons.

a) You´ve published the workflow with the "System Account".

b) You have Issues with your SharePoint Timer Service

Kai

Badge +5

Hi Kai,

I don't know what you mean by published the workflow with system account, I always publish the workflow with system account, and it always works for me, in fact, this workflow was working before but suddenly it stopped from working. regarding the timer service, state machine in other workflows is working without any problems.

BR

Badge +3

Hi,

Nintex (or SharePoint i.d.k.) has problems with Workflows which are published by the System Account. I´ve seen many Systems with your Symptoms. The Errors were always based on the System Account.

Can you try to publish this Workflow with another Account?

Kai

Badge +5

Okay, I tried and published the workflow with a none system account, and the same. I'm not sure what went wrong.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I agree with Kai's first answer, it points to a Timer Service issue.   This will not necessarily be reflected in all instances as you have seen, but can affect specific instances.  I've logged this same behavior in the past.   Have you since solved this issue?   

Badge +5

Actually, I didn't do anything, the problem just disappears by itself, I just restart the timer service.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

That'll do the trick.