Find a value in a list

I have an application that every time a user accesses the application it records their name and the date they accessed it. Is it possible to create an expression that when the user opens the application it presents the last date they used it.

I have created a list view that in the application which filters by the user and then there is a formula that finds the maximium date on the filtered list. But this does take time and as more users access the applicaton over time it will get slower. Is there a quck way that this can be acheived.

Regards

Andrew 

2 replies

Badge +11

Move filtering to data layer. I.e. in case your list view data source is SQL table create SQL stored procedure which accepts user's name as input and returns last logon date and time from your table, create SmartObject from this stored procedure and use it to display last logon date on your form.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

+1 on Mikhail's suggestion - sometimes the hardest part with using K2 is using the right tool for the job. K2 *can* do the task you are asking for, as you noted, but it would perform far better if it could be done via stored procedure. Is that an option for you?