How to add worklist item link to Escalation email

• 22 July 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Im using escalation emails for a process and the workflow context menu for escalations doesnt inclued the worklist item context like it does when setting up client event notifications. It seems ridiculous that the context menu for escalations doesnt inlcude this. Is there a way to include the workflist item in an Escalation email that I havent tried?

thanks

Dave

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Dave

You will need to construct the worklist item link yourself in any escalation emails.

The form link you can construct using the smartforms runtime environment field plus "/form/[yourformname]".

To append the serial number parameter you will need to combine the Process Instance ID and the Activity Destination ID. 

Have a look at the following post for details:

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Approvals-in-Reminder-emails/m-p/90855#M28885

Badge +6

Thanks Andrew! That does indeed work. I had to do a similar thing for linking to a read only form populated with data for process reporting in another project. I find it disapointing that the context isnt surfaced in the event escalation but it is in the client event setup. Also, I was unable to create a link using the Hyperlink function but had to create a custom HTML template for the emal and construct it there. I wanted to have a masked link instead of the raw url showing in the email. Hopefully K2 will add instructions for the worklist task item link in the escalation configuration instructions in the future.

Thanks

Dave

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

You may be able to use the HyperLink function to prettify,  the "URL" field expects a String, so perhaps String concatenation with Process Fields will work:

16342i9CF963F50B43364D.png