Ok so I am baffled and frustrated with this. I created a main site with several workflows on it ad tested them over and over again and then I saved that site template (with content), I then created 30 some odd sub-sites using this save template. Now as people are using them, they are failing out saying an error occurred and possibly because one or more columns require a different type of info. Is there a trick to this? I have changed NOTHIN on any of the subsites so all of the lists and fields are exactly the same as the main (which is working fine). I even went into Workflow settings and deleted the previous versions. Has anyone else ran into th
Solved! Go to Solution.
That is odd so you have gone into list settings workflow settings and removed all instances of the workflow? The workflow itself won't save with the template so you will need to import and publish them after you've removed all instances of the "ghosted" workflow
Hmm, I found that the workflow doesn't save to the template if I do not select save with content. But does if I save with content. I am done worrying about it today. It's 4:40 on a Friday lol
Neither way will the actual workflow save with the template. You should save with content only if you need the content but either way you will need to import your workflows and publish. Just be careful as you will need to delete the instances of the ghosted workflow or you will get some weird errors.
give up worrying til Monday and have a good weekend
I am completely baffled with this. I deleted all of the ghosted workflows and re-imported the workflow. I checked all of my field columns to make sure they are formatted the same. The main site, that this template was created from (I also exported the workflow from it this morning) works perfectly fine. AND I noticed my set condition on these other subsites is misfiring. It should go to the right when passed, but it's going to the left for these subsites. I am lost.