cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Using fn-IsMemberOfGroup with Status Value in Rule Condition

Jump to solution

I am using SharePoint 2013 On Site. I have created a Nintex form with several panels for approval by different SharePoint Group members. I want to disable the panels if the status is not set to Ready for Voting and users are not a member of the IA group, for example. I created a rule on the form, 

and(fn-Not(contains(Status,"Ready for Voting")), fn-Not(fn-IsMemberOfGroup(CCBIAApprovers)))

but the two conditions don''t work together. I have tried several options. I also created a form variable to hold the results of 

fn-Not(fn-IsMemberOfGroup(CCBIAApprovers)

but I don't have a type for boolean and it is not working either. 

and(not(contains(Status,"Ready for Voting")), memberOfIAGroup != true)

Are there any suggestions or other routes I can take?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Using fn-IsMemberOfGroup with Status Value in Rule Condition

Jump to solution
The not() runtime function can only be used to surround the whole of the formula to invert its output. It cannot be used within a formula.

I havent tested but does
and(!contains(Status,"Ready for Voting"), !fn-IsMemberOfGroup(CCBIAApprovers))
work?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Using fn-IsMemberOfGroup with Status Value in Rule Condition

Jump to solution

Thank you so much. Your tip that not() can only be used to surround the whole formula worked. I could not use the ! so I put the not() outside the and(). 

not(and(contains(Status,"Ready for Voting"), fn-IsMemberOfGroup(CCBIAApprovers)))

It looks like I need to go through the help section a little more to pick up these helpful tips. I am new to Nintex and I am very excited to get this solved. 

0 Kudos