Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Using current user on a Start Form

Jump to solution

Nintex 2013:

I am trying to create a site workflow with a Start Form (no list) with a subscribe and unsubscribe buttons. I want to get the current user and  add/remove them from a group in Active Directory and then email confirmation.

I first tried to use a People Picker Control with a People Picker variable with a default value of Current User.  I can see it is populating with "Smith, John", however, I am unable to use the variable as a recipient in the email nor will it update a group.

I then created  calculated value control with a text variable with a default value of  Current User.  This put "i:0#.w|mmcnt\jsmith" into the variable, and I was able to add it to a group, however, I could not use this variable as a recipient.

I feel like I am missing something when it comes to using current user/#variables. 

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Using current user on a Start Form

Jump to solution

can you not just use the "initiator" to send the email and add to the group?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Why yes, this works.  My ego would have appreciated you waiting at least a few minutes before providing the answer.

I am still unsure why what I did originally did not work.

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

haha sorry Charles!  send notification won't cope with the claims part "i:0#.w|"

0 Kudos