Re: Configuring a Client Credential Flow OAuth Resource

• 16 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi @evanmoore 

If this is the last resort, what is the advised setup for client credential flow?

My use case is:

K2 need to get data from an internal REST endpoint which is protected by AAD. To authenticate via AAD, logged in user's info should not be used. Therefore, K2's REST service instance will act as a service making call to another service in the background.

Thanks

4 replies

Badge +4

Hello, @kanwarnitin,

Our REST service instance supports all the various authentication types supported by K2. You can therefore use Static or Service Account authentication, rather than OAuth. You can read more about this here: https://help.nintex.com/en-US/k2cloud/userguide/current/default.htm#ServiceBrokers/EndPoints/REST_Endpoint.htm.

Please note that I've also moved this thread to our K2 Five forums to ensure more people see and can respond.

Thanks, and regards,

Gail

Hello @Gail ,

The REST service I am trying to integrate with (from K2) requires only OAuth (AAD is the IDP). As I understand, my option is to setup an OAuth resource to get token from AAD and use that resource as authentication method on REST type service instance. 

Is there a better way of achieving this?

Regards

Badge +4
Hi,
I don't know the answer to this, and have put out feelers for more information. Hopefully I'll get some info for you soon.
Thanks,
Gail

@kanwarnitin 

If you want to use OAuth, with AAD as the IdP, I don't think there is a way around this.

But have a look at the KB Article below. I believe it contains the information you seek: 

Configure K2 for Inbound OAuth

See also: Manually Configure K2 for Azure Active Directory (AAD)