cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Using JSON to Parse People Picker

I'm working on creating a dashboard that uses different JQuery libraries. First step though is to get the data to pull through from a list in SharePoint. this list is populated using Nintex Form and Workflow. When JSON displays a field (requestor) it is only showing the persons ID because I'm using the people field that queries our AD. So the requestor is myself, but instead of my username, it is showing my ID "1777". Is there a way to get JSON to show the text instead of the ID?

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Using JSON to Parse People Picker

Michael Perry​ that SharePoint column should be showing ID by default based on how the column in the list is configured. If you go to List Settings > Edit Column you should be able to change what's displayed to be the display name by changing the "show field" setting to "Name (with presence)."

As far as the JSON goes, are you using REST to retrieve this list data? If so, you'll want to make sure to expand your "User ID" field to ensure you've got all the sub-properties when your object is returned (this may be the default behavior but I can't recall off hand).

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I checked and I already had that checked, so I may just be pulling the wrong JSON data in. I'll take a second look at my syntax and will update when I figure it out. Thanks!

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I've still been trying to get through this but coming up short. It returns the ID that the person is, which is stored in SharePoint. I'm just not sure how to get it to return their name. Still digging, but if you have something else please let me know. Appreciate it!

Accept as Solution Reply