I am currently developing a workflow which queries lists, sets variable and updates fields in the current list that the workflow is running on.
If after these processes, I create a Flexi-task, all the above work without errors and I receive an email to respond to task. I respond to task successfully and then the workflow never goes beyond that point. I have waited up to 48 hrs and nothing moves. HOWEVER, when I disable only the 'Update Item' within the workflow, it works quickly and fast.
I have set permissions to full control for the service account and users just in case. When the update item is enabled, the item is updated correctly in the list, but the Flexi-task and Assign task do not work.
I have recreated from scratch over and over. I have also tried on other site collections.
Sure. Should be showing below. Keep in mind, though, if I remove all parallel tasks and do everything serially, the results are the same. You can see on the left hand side, two Update Items. One is disabled. The flexi-task only works when both are disabled.
Had to delete Site Collection and add a new one. Start from scratch again with ALL the same settings and now it works. Wish I new what the bug was, but I hope it does not repeat.
burkslm Scratch that it is now starting again on the new site collection. Nothing goes beyond the task when a Update Item is used again. Nothing has changed. I am using Nintex 2010 with SP 2010 (No option to upgrade either).
So the answer is with the Parallel task where one side is waiting an item update. If I place the flex-task assignment in a called workflow, it works great. My other solution though, is to take that part away and terminate the main workflow from the called workflow instead.