Hardware Specifications

• 6 August 2007
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

How can i give my client the right recommendations for hardware specifications of the machines hosting K2 server?

If we know that there will be 50 processes with average 5 activities each (activities with client events) and expecting to have 10 instances of each process daily.

I read the article KB000103 but it didnt give me any clear info.

Let me know if you have any clues.

2 replies

Badge +13
How many users?  Is he getting CPU license or user license?   If user I'd go with 4 CPUs (quad core or 2 dual core), 4gb memory.  Hardware is cheap these days.
Badge +9

A couple of other considerations:

- Will this server be handling anything else besides just the K2 processing (SQL Server, IIS, SharePoint...)?

- Will there be large numbers of destinations users per Activity?  You mentioned 5 activities/client events per process; a process where each activity has only 1 destination user per activity will have different resource overhead where there are many (tens/hundreds) destination users and multiple responses (slots) per activity.

- How long will the process intances be active for?  You mentioned 10 inst6ances per day.  If these are open for many months each, then they will begin to accumulate which could potentially be a consideration.