cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
franco89
Nintex Newbie

UserProfileLookup() on result of a ParseLookup()

Hi again,

I have a list of values in a SP list, actually a list of people's names.

I am showing this list in a form using the List Lookup control (let's call this Control1).

I am then using a calculated field using ParseLookup (let's call this Control2) on Control1 to extract the selected name.

I am then trying to do a UserProfileLookup(Control2, "Manager") but this is always blank.

This normally works but the parselookup was a new element in the mix, i'm wondering can the userprofilelookup no longer work correctly on a parsed value?

thanks...

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: UserProfileLookup() on result of a ParseLookup()

I would say you should perform userProfileLookup() on control1.

you seems to have just user display name in control2, which need not be unique and so need not to resolve correctly.

0 Kudos
franco89
Nintex Newbie

Problem is, when I do that, it also doesn't work... I think it's because even Control1 doesn't have the true display name, it only seems to have a plain text value?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

does it work if you supply to userProfileLookup() function user 'identifier' directly instead of reference to control1 or control2?

use one of these identifier formats:

lookup format:             <user ID>;#<user name>

fully qualified user:    <claim>|<domain>\<user>

0 Kudos
achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

Instead of manager have u tested for other values like "PreferredName" ,"FirstName" ?

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

I would try something along the lines of what aditya gandhe​ mentioned. Try testing other values, specifically PreferredName.

How is the list (that is being lookedup) being populated? Is it just text? Do you have the option to convert it to a user (people picker)? I would try that because it would eliminate a lot of issues moving forward.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
johnfriday13
Nintex Newbie

I am trying something similar, to go down a list where 1 column is a people picker and then extract the employee ID for that person. 

I thought I needed to create the column as Single Line of Text (called emp_number) then start a workflow which has an Update Field action which I have configured this way:

example update field.PNG

normally the employee ID has an field ID before the value, so I think i need to use parseLookup to get the value of the employee number.

Is there a better way to do this?

0 Kudos