Process stuck in Running Status.

• 17 April 2009
  • 6 replies

Badge +8

Greetings everyone,  There are times when a process changes status from Active to Running and never change it back to Active. Now, this sometime happens during Server events or Client events.

We are running 807 version with  4.8210.2.370 update.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

6 replies

Badge +8
Any suggestions, anyone ?
Badge +11
Without knowing what those events are doing, it is hard to make a guess.  One thing I would check, if you are using slots make sure the number of participants >= the number of slots.
Badge +8
Thanks for replies guys, these events are client events and there is absolutely no custom code written by us in those events
Badge +11

Questions:

- Are you using slots?

- When is your planning mode (just once/all at once/one at a time)?

- Is the destination a role, a SmartObject lookup, a data field or something else?

-When does thos occur?  Before the user opens the task?  After it is actioned?

Any additional insight could be helpful.  Also, you might want to open a ticket.

Badge +8

So here are some details:

- Planning Mode is All at once then Resolve all roles to users.

-Number of Slots: 1 

-Number of destination Users: Min 2 (It is a destination role with min two users)

-It always occurs after user actions the worklistItem

Since the process gets stuck in running status no succeeding tasks are received by user,

Badge +8
I have opened this ticket with k2, K2 team is familiar with issue but are not sure about the exact cause. They say it can be caused due to couple of reasons. They are coming up with Hotfix very soon. I will apply this fix and will update this post once i have this issue fixed.