Copied Smartobject, changed Property names, Checked-in, still showing old Properties in SQL table..

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

I have no idea what is going on here:

I copied (SAVED AS) a SmartObject, then renamed the Property names to reflect what i needed for a new form.

I then checked-in the Smartobject and created by Forms etc.

However when using SQL Management Studio, the properties have the old names.....

Yet within the Smartobject Tester, the properties have the correct new names

Any ideas what is going on? Why hasn't the SQL table updated the fields to the correct names?

How can i fix this?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

What type of Smartobject is this?  Smartbox? SQL server service?

If Smartbox, when using the "Save As" option, a new SmartBox table will be created base on the new name specified and its property will be renamed accordingly.

If SQL server service, the Smartobject will only "reference" the SQL object; no new table/object will be created and both the old and new Smartobject will reference the same SQL object.  Usually to create a new SQL Smartobject, changes will need to be made on SQL's side (creating a new table, stored proc, view); refreshing the SQL service instance, and then generating a new Smartobject Base on this new SQL object.  

With SQL server SmartObjects, modifying the SmartObject layer does not modify the SQL backend layer; unlike a Smartbox SmartObject.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi Tin,

yes it's a Smartbox one.

I did a SAVE AS of the Original, then renamed some of the properties, then checked the new Smartobject in, yet it displays the old names.

I don't want to do another SAVE AS, because that would mean re-attaching all the rules again.