cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dilip123
Nintex Newbie

Urgent: I have a multiple selection lookup in my list. I need to update the status of all the selected lookup values back in source list from where the values are lookup

Jump to solution

Urgent: I have a multiple selection lookup in my list. I need to update the status of all the selected lookup values back in source list from where the values are lookup

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
25 Replies
rhia
Nintex Newbie

Re: Urgent: I have a multiple selection lookup in my list. I need to update the status of all the selected lookup values back in source list from where the values are lookup

Jump to solution

So just to be clear..

1) A user selects multiple items in a dropdown list on your form (?)

2) The items selected need to have their status updated in the original list that the dropdown is sourced from.

If that's right... you'll need to put those multiple items into a collection, then loop through the collection and update that selection in the list with whatever status is required.

Will the status always be the same?

0 Kudos
dilip123
Nintex Newbie

Re: Urgent: I have a multiple selection lookup in my list. I need to update the status of all the selected lookup values back in source list from where the values are lookup

Jump to solution

Hi Rhia,

Thanks for the reply. Yes you are correct but the lookup is not a dropdown its a multiple check box selection.

The status will change. when a item is created status will be locked and when item is modified it should change to allocated .

I am bit new to nintex . If possible can you provide me a step by step solution with images. It will help me a lot and save some time.

Appreciate all your help.

Thanks

Dilip Kumar

0 Kudos
dilip123
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Can you please help with this issue

0 Kudos
dilip123
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Request you help on this. can you provide  me a step by step info on how to achive this. i am bit new to nintex

0 Kudos
rhia
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I'm sorry I'm not available right now to walk you through the steps (about to get in a car to go to a flight) but let me call some of the workflow avengers here...

0 Kudos
dilip123
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks if any one can help me with this that would be great!

0 Kudos
emha
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

can you describe in details what's your business requirement you need to accomplish?

updating anything in lookup list based on selection(s) made in single list item sounds to me to be a design flaw..

what should eg. happen if two or more list items are being created/changed at about same time with different selections, what status should be applied to lookup item?

what should eg. happen if a new  item is created and another item changed and they both should set status of the same lookup item, what staus should be applied.

0 Kudos
dilip123
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I have a ListA and ListB. In ListB i have a lookup column(Multiple selection) which get data from ListA.I want to get the ID's of all the selections in the lookupcolumn in ListB and based on these ID's i want to update back the items in ListA based to these ID's.

As soon as some one selects the lookup values in multiple lookup field each selected value in the lookup is coming from an item in the source list so when they save the item the values of the lookups corresponding items in the source list has a status column whose status needs to be changed from available to Locked.

Suppose in ListA i have lookupcolumn status

val1                 Available

val2                  Available  

val3                Available

val4               Available

In ListB if i select Val1;Val3;Val4  and save the item i need to update the status of Val1;Val3;Val4 to Locked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
TomaszPoszytek
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

If you query the lookup field you should receive data structured in a JSON format, have you tried that? You need then to parse that JSON and get IDs of lookup elements. After do a "for each" loop to update relevant item on the source list using the obtained ID.

Regards,

Tomasz

0 Kudos