user does not have permissions to start the process

• 6 January 2006
  • 4 replies

Badge +3
I have a number of users who i've given start permissions for my process. All of the users work fine except for 2 cases. I checked my server event logs and the users show up as authenticating without issue. I just can't get them to open the approval page for the process.

Has anyone else experienced this?

One thing that crossed my mind is the licensing. I have a limited number, however I do not exceed that number for the users assigned to this process.

4 replies

Badge +7
As far as I know is the licensing not about only one process but about all the process that are running. So if you have more than one process running may be you licenses are outbounded.
To check this you can also create an error log in the Service manager to get a more detailed description for your error.
May be it helps.
Badge +3
Hi nukkumatti,

Thanks for your response. Can you tell me how to create an error log in the Service manager to get a more detailed description of the error?

thanks,
Badge +11
Right-click on 'Error Profiles' and select 'New Error Profile...'

Type in 'All' as the name of the Error Profile and click 'Ok' button.

Select your new error profile and see if there's any errors stating something like:
"The number of licenses has been exceeded"

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +7
Hi,

that a quite easy task. Open the K2.net Service manager, expand it till you see the "Error Profiles" folder, right click on it an choose "New Error Profile" then give it a name and choose the process/es from which you want to see the error messages.

Hope that helps