How to create a request in Servicenow

• 31 August 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

Any suggestions on how to create a request or incident in Servicenow using Nintex 2013 on premises workflow controls. Call Web Service / Web Request? Anyone have an example of how this can be achieved?

9 replies

Badge +11

Hi Noel Dickinson‌,

to be honest I have never used ServiceNow at all. But this resource looks like a good start for you: Getting started with REST - create an incident record 

You would use the "Web Request" action inside your workflow to execute the REST call.

Cheers

Philipp

Badge +3

Thanks Philipp - I'll take a look and post my lessons learned.

Badge +9

Rest API is documented in https://developer.servicenow.com/app.do#!/rest_api_doc?v=jakarta&id=r_TableAPI-POST 

Badge +1

Hello Noel, I was curious if you'd advanced this topic and solved the issue? We've got a SharePoint site with a feedback form that we'd like to generate a ticket for an incident. The idea would be to create an incident ticket and assign it to the appropriate group immediately for action.

Thanks in advance.

Badge +3

Hi Mark,

I'm currently testing a custom connector via the Nintex Xtensions Software Development Kit - you can find more information about this here - Nintex Xtensions™Software Development Kit . Essentially this enables us to integrate with ServiceNow through RESTful API and insert this control into the workflow. I'll try to keep this thread updated with any relevant info as I get stuck into this over the next couple of months.

Happy New Year:)

Badge +3

Did you ever get this completed? We will be looking to integrate NWC with ServiceNow and I thought maybe you would be willing to share some lessons learned, and help us from having to reinvent the wheel. 

Badge +2

We have also been looking at this as well in our company.  We want to automate incidents in service now when a workflow fails. REST is the preferred action, which is a simple web request, but Nintex error trapping is limited to a subset of actions.  If a workflow "Fails to Start" or it "Errors", the REST call may not run, failing to create the incident in service now.  I do not know a way to trap for workflows that fail (would need some sort of workflow event listener in Nintex).  However, the nintex "workflow error notifications" could be used if we can change the body of the email.  You can send an email to Service Now, and create an incident automatically. The only question is how can you change the body of the email to be more dynamic.  Does anybody have any idea if we can change the Nintex body so we could use the email method for real time incidents, or is there even a better way with the REST call?

I've inserted the 2 methods associated to Service Now?

https://www.winwire.com/servicenow-with-sharepoint-2013/

Badge +2

We solved this issue.  We decided to create a UDA that can be used in the workflow the history lists.  The "Event Type" column will display 10 when a workflow errors.  This could be used real time as they occur.  We use the Web Request in nintex workflows to call the Web Service for Service now, that will allow us to create incidents automatucally.   

Badge +1

Glad to hear, we are on O365 so we'll continue to work through it.