cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Upgrading Nintex Workflow 2010 to 2013

Looking for Nintex for SharePoint 2016 guidance? See the following link.
http://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2016/current/Default.htm#cshid=upgradeguide

This document provides guidance for upgrading Nintex Workflow 2010 to Nintex Workflow 2013.

Labels: (1)
6 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Upgrading Nintex Workflow 2010 to 2013

Hi Emily,

We are using Third Party tool for migration of SharePoint Sites which includes lots and lots Nintex Workflow's build in NW 2010. The new environment is SP 2013 On-Prem with Nintex 2013.

I want to know few things

1. Do we really need to migrate the Nintex DB to make the Workflows work ? What will happen if we don't migrate the Nintex DB ? Are all the WF definitions stored in database ?

2. We are planning to separate and re-organize the Nintex Database in 2013 to suit the hierarchy, Will that be feasible if we migrate the existing 2010 database ?

If yes, how do we do it?

Thanks,

Nutan

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Nutan, I'd recommended creating a Ask Support​ ticket so one of our engineers can look directly into your questions about migration as specific for your environment.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks Emily, will do that same

Not applicable

Hi Nutan,

We are in the same boat right now and would like to know if you can share your experience.

We have a SP 2010 envrironment with tons of Nintex Workflows and Nintex Forms and we build a new on-premise SP2013 environmen, where we are going to migrate NIntex Workflows and Nintex Forms. In 2010, we created web application in classic based authentication, but in 2013 by dfault web application used claims based authentication. What did you do and how did you resolved this issue? Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Binayak,

We still haven't reached at that point where Nintex workflows were migrated. Moreover still lots of work to be done before that.

I am not very sure if type of authentication can impact Nintex migration.  if your installation/confguration is good, then it should not matter for Workflows/Forms to behave different. And if that's the case, am not aware of this.

Do you have any specific scenario where you have issues. May be we can brainstorm on that and that can be useful for us also.

Thanks,

Nutan

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hello Emilly.

I am new using nintex workflow in sharepoint, I have installed nintex 2013 in my sharepoint 2013, but I want to create a workflow 2010.

Could I use a nintex2010 workflow in Sharepoint 2013?

0 Kudos