cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Updating the "Name" column in Sharepoint with Workflow

Jump to solution

We have a simple workflow that is meant to rename word documents after they are saved into a SharePoint library. In this workflow we use the "Build String" step to build a text string, and then use the "Update Item" step to update the Name column with the contents of the string. I can push the string to the Title column or any single line of text column, however trying to update "Name" (the SharePoint OOTB library column) does not work. Any ideas why?

1 Reply
krishnachaluvad
Nintex Newbie

Re: Updating the "Name" column in Sharepoint with Workflow

Jump to solution

Hi,

I also see the same behavior, Nintex workflow is not updating the "Name" filed, where as I can update/modify the "Name" value on browser by "edit properties".

I further dig into the Document content type and noticed, "Name" is of type File (screenshot below), it means, SharePoint getting the value from file stream through "upload" control when we browse the file, or the server side code of "edit properties" is able to change the "name" value of the document. 

So, it looks Nintex is not able to update/modify the content of "File" type fields, it could be by design of Nintex or limitation, I think.

Document content type showing Name filed as "File" type