cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Updating several fields from another site list

Hi all,

I've been reading as many posts as I could for hours but the answers never match my problem:

I have a main list that contains all the necessary fields that are partially copied into several other lists in different sites.

What I want to do is when a user modifies one or several fields in his own site list, it updates the fields in the main list.

About 20 fields can be modified so I am updating all the fields in the same time whether they are filled or not (is there a better solution?).

Now, I created one same ID for the item that is copied in each list. But when I use the Update multiple items action, I get an error  "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Yet, I used the filter so it modifies the field when the item ID equals the main list item ID :

Sorry it is in French but I think you will understand.

I thought about creating a condition for each field but I don't like this solution.

I also thought about using the Call web service action but I am not handling well the web service and did not find complete documentation about it. My SDK doc file only shows me one method...

I hope I was clear enough, don't hesitate to tell me if you need more information. I am working on SharePoint 2010 with nintex workflow 2010.

Thanks!

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Updating several fields from another site list

Bonjour Charles,

I do not know from this error come from but what I find strange is that the field name ends with ?

Do you have the same issue with field names not containing ?

A+

Christophe

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks for the answer Christophe.

Good idea but I just tried it and it's still not working.

When I built the columns I first named them without any special character (I was told it could make the system create the original data with no bug...).

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I am pretty sure the problem comes from the filter:

I tried to create a new list inside the main site and to modify fields with the Update a list item action as  I am doing in the workflow, and it works.

I might have to create a private list with all the fields inside the main site and create items there using the main workflow to run a second workflow to modify the main list... Quite experimental !

If anyone has a better solution, I would be glad to try it..

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi charles,

I am having the scenario and facing the same issue. I have more than 60 columns. But if it is less than 20 columns it working fine. Have you found any solution. finding more than 2 days...

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi charles,

I am having the scenario and facing the same issue. I have more than 60 columns. But if it is less than 20 columns it working fine. Have you found any solution. finding more than 2 days...

0 Kudos